Saturday, June 25, 2011

Taj & Fog



Taj & Fog, originally uploaded by Captain Suresh.

© Capt Suresh Sharma. All Rights Reserved.



Well Friends, I worked very hard to get Taj shots in Jan 2006. The moment I bought my Canon 20D, as my first digital SLR, I rushed straight to Agra. I would get up at 0430 hours everyday and be behind Taj around 0515 hours, freezing cold. It was too cold to touch my tripod with bare hands. I did that everyday for 15 days. My army friends stopped asking me after four days about how long I am going to carry on with my crazy trips. I told them that its normal way to get good shots, there is no short cut for hard work. I got some nice shots, which I like. This is one of the shots of Taj which I like.

My most favourite place to photograph the Taj Mahal has been from the Yamuna River side. It used to offer me endless true Indian life behind the Taj i.e. villagers crossing the river in boat, farmers growing vegetables, cremation, immersing ashes, villagers filing water from the dug up water holes, kids playing cricket, collecting sand, crowd of people having holy dip on certain occasions, etc. This side used to be quite interesting.

Since, I used to visit the Taj from the river side more regularly, I have many friends from the village Kachhpura. Most of them are the kids of the village.

But sadly, access to the Taj from Yamuna river side, which was unchecked earlier, has been banned. Brainless security measures. Why can't the security personnel check photographers for what they are carrying and allow them to do photography.

1 comment:

gaurahav said...

Inspiring. You take beautiful photos and write wonderfully. Thanks for sharing your inner thoughts as well...you are a rare personality Capt sir.